Friday, June 23, 2006

What Diet????

This weekend is going to be one culinary creation after another as I attempt to get rid of some tomatoes. I spent some time sifting through my cookbooks and came up with some that look pretty good. Tonight was a double whammy--stuffed bell peppers (which enabled me to finish off my peppers), and fried green tomatoes. (The other food item on the plate is creamed corn--frozen, I must confess.) The bell pepper recipe was one of Emeril's; the only change I made was I used all beef instead of a mixture of beef and pork. I thought the peppers were really good, and Darryl and I both agree that we liked them even better than the chicken and corn peppers I made the other night. The fried green tomato recipe came from the Blue Willow Inn Cookbook that I had, and the tomatoes were delicious. I had eaten fried green tomatoes before, but I had never made them.

I'm not too sure that I'm going to lose 12 pounds this summer. I really, really like to cook, so that is hurting the dieting effort somewhat. I am exercising a good bit, though, and I'm drinking lots of water and eating "light" through the day, so maybe it will all balance out somehow (wishful thinking, I'm sure).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks very good. I wish I could have some.