Monday, June 19, 2006

Stuffed Peppers--Chicken and Corn

Inspired by the culinary creations of TimShady and Max (and also by the bell peppers sitting on my kitchen table), I decided to try a new recipe I found in an old Southern Living cookbook. These are Peppers Stuffed with Chicken and Corn, and they were really good--definitely a recipe I would make again. The peppers were stuffed, obviously, with chicken and corn, but the mixture also contained green chiles, onion, bread crumbs, taco seasoning, and pepperjack cheese. Delicious! Later this week, I'm going to try the traditional stuffed peppers, which I've never made before.

This morning, I went out to a nearby driving range and hit a bucket of golf balls. It was the first time I had gone to a driving range A) alone, and B) on a weekday, and it was very peaceful and quiet. I'm determined to get some practice sessions in before my last lesson in a couple of weeks. I have learned one thing about golf: It's much tougher than it looks. And I haven't made it past the driving range yet. Yep, that's right--I haven't even played a game yet. I'm hoping to play in the next few weeks; that will definitely make an interesting blog entry in the future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't played in a long time, but will be happy to caddy for you...but you have to bring along some stuffed peppers for a snack!

Anonymous said...

Well they look good. How did Darryl like them?

Amy said...

Darryl liked them--they were good. I think next time,though, I'll make them a little more spicy.