Friday, June 16, 2006

Florida, Day 2--Long Day's Journey Into Night

Yesterday, "Day 2," was a loooooong day, but a good one. My mother and I got up bright and early and headed to Pensacola (almost a 3-hour drive) to see my grandmother. I don't see my grandmother as much as I did when Darryl and I lived in Baton Rouge and just had to go a half mile off I-10 to see her. Anyway, it was good to see her. We ate lunch at one of her favorite places, Applebee's, then had ice cream at Marble Slab Creamery (the diet went completely out the window at this point) and did a bit of shopping.

My mother and I went through Destin on the way home and did some shopping at the outlets. There's nothing more motivating for a diet than trying on pants or shorts--am I right?

We didn't get home until about 9:30 central time--I'm still adjusting to the time change, so it felt later to me. (I am the worst about adjusting to time changes. About the time I get used to the change, it's time to go back home!)

I feel I've failed as a blogger because I've yet to take any pictures. I'm hoping to get some good ones over the next couple of days.

No comments: