Monday, June 05, 2006

One of the things I like about living in a big city...

...is that I can go somewhere looking like a complete mess, and chances are I won't run into anyone I know. This morning, I had to go to Wal-Mart (ugh), and I wanted to go early--before 8 a.m.--to beat the crowds. There I was, standing in the non-crowded Wal-Mart, in capri workout pants, an old t-shirt, a baseball cap, and no make-up. Such freedom. I grew up in a small town where I could always count on running into someone I knew at the local IGA, so I felt the need to look "presentable." Small towns have their charm, but sometimes anonymity is good.

Today was uneventful, perhaps best summed up by a short list. (If you are wondering why I am even posting at all, you should look at my first post, where I declared that I was going to chronicle my summer vacation, exciting or not.) So here is the day:

1) Went to Wal-mart.
The place isn't crowded at 7:30.
2) Went to the gym. One day I'm going to post a rant about women who dress up for the gym. 3) Straightened up clutter around the house.
4) Watched an episode of The Office.

5) Took a 20-minute power nap. (Is it really a "power nap" when you aren't really resting up for anything? I have taken power naps before a long grading session, but this was a nap to rest up for nothing.)
I think I'm going to read 1984 before going to bed. Ah, the life of leisure.

1 comment:

RealTimShady said...

This is so boring.

I guess teachers really do have it easy.