Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Florida, Day 1

Darryl and I made it to Florida. The trip itself was uneventful (traffic didn't stop even once as we were leaving Atlanta!), but that's a good thing.

I'm not sure how often I will get to post while I'm here--I'm hoping I'll get to post a bit each day, but Internet access isn't as quick, and I'm not sure how much patience I have.

My mother also prepared a delicious "Southern" dinner--chicken, pork roast, creamed corn, okra, field peas, fried cornbread, and pound cake. Technically, I'm still on my "diet," but my goal for the rest of this week is just not to gain any weight. :) (I exercised my willpower and said "no" to the pound cake. What am I thinking?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, Amy...if the pound cake is homemade....forego the rest of the dinner, and just eat cake. Problem solved!

Amy said...

Well, I ended up giving in to the power of the pound cake. I did have just a small slice, though. What was I thinking, resisting homemade pound cake?

Amy said...

I haven't looked "frail" since the 4th grade.

Amy said...

I should clarify the 4th grade comment for everyone--there was a point in my life, a long, long, long time ago, when I actually drank a milkshake every night to gain weight.

Those were the days.