Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Next Book Club Read and Dinner with Friends

The informal book club that I'm in met yesterday and discussed Vanishing Acts--everyone for the most part felt the same way about the book that I did. Our next read is Anita Shreve's A Wedding in December. I've never read any of her books, either, but her book The Pilot's Wife is very well known. I'll let you know how Wedding is after I read it.

I'm currently reading The Devil Wears Prada, and so far I'm enjoying it. After reading this one and the Shreve book, I need to focus again on books for school. I think I'm waiting to see how long I can put off Tale of Two Cities.

Last night, Darryl and I had dinner with our friends Blake and Jessica, and afterwards we all went to a nearby coffee house for coffee. It was fun catching up with them. Great evening!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think we need a starting date--how about the week of the 10th? I should have my fun, frivolous books finished by then.

RealTimShady said...

It was the best of reads, it was the worst of reads.

Here's the thing: I read TALE OF TWO CITIES in the 9th Grade! Thats seems completely crazy to me in retrospect.

Amy said...

Will do. It might help if I get the book first. :) I'll try to pick up a copy in the next day or two and we'll pick some dates and chapters--that may be the only thing to get me through it! (Well that and the fact I'll have to teach it.)