Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Warm and Creamy Bacon Dip--YUM!

I'm interrupting my series of posts on my weekend at Creative Escape to participate in BooMama's Diptacular.

College Football -- and Fall, Y'all! -- is just around the corner. Let's face it...there's nothing better to go with a full day of college football viewing like a good appetizer (and a pot of some delicious soup simmering on the stove).

Therefore, I present to you...

WARM AND CREAMY BACON DIP

8 oz. softened cream cheese
2 cups sour cream
3 ounces bacon bits
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped green onion

Bring cream cheese to room temperature. Preheat oven to 400. In a bowl, combine all ingredients and place in a 1-quart baking dish. Cover. Heat 25-30 minutes or until hot. Serve with sliced French bread, crackers, and/or chips. Makes 3 cups.

Serving option: Dip may also be placed in hollowed round sourdough loaf, wrapped in foil and heated in 400 oven for 30 minutes.

(I found this recipe on an ad for Daisy sour cream last fall. Just didn't want to take credit for it.)

And in the spirit of college football, might I also add "GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!"

1 comment:

A and W said...

Found your link-up post, and this sounds awesome! (I think I may have seen that Daisy ad.) I live in Atlanta, too, and it is a beautiful day for some football and dip! :)

(But I do have to throw in that we will be enjoying this deliciousness while we cheer on the DAWGS!)