Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mr. Longface


These days, Amelia tends to get very caught up with whatever movie/character/princess she is "into" at the moment and then acts it out in everyday life. Some days she is Princess Belle; some days she is Dora. She usually dubs us as characters as well. Darryl is usually the prince, and, unfortunately for me, I am sometimes the witch. When she is Rapunzel, I am the mother, and if you have seen Tangled or are familiar with the story of Rapunzel, you know that being the mother is not really a compliment.

Recently Amelia has gotten into Strawberry Shortcake. (Secretly, this elates me to no end because I, too, used to have an obsession with Strawberry Shortcake. However, Strawberry's image has been a bit updated, but she's still cute as ever.) When Amelia takes on the Strawberry Shortcake persona, she dubs me "Blueberry." Because of my previous knowledge of SS, I know that "Blueberry" is Strawberry's good friend Blueberry Muffin. I'm okay with that.

But she started calling Darryl "Mr. Longface." Mr. Longface was new to me, and I had no idea who that was. If my memory is serving me correctly, he did not exist in 1980.

So one day, Darryl decided to google "Mr. Longface." And this is what he found.

This delights me to no end.

1 comment:

Blayne White said...

LMAO!!! (can i really say that?)