Monday, August 22, 2011

This Weekend Kicked My Rear

Darryl was gone all of last week. He came in for about three hours Friday and then had to leave for a church retreat with his small group of 6th grade boys.

So Amelia and I have had LOTS of together time. LOTS. And I had LITTLE adult conversation. LITTLE, I tell you.

I think you all know I love my girl more than life itself, but the combination of mess, kids' tv shows, defiant attitudes, and cabin fever about did me in. :-) (Part of the problem, I think, is that we didn't get out much yesterday except for a swim lessons and a trip to Publix.) She also enjoys emptying containers that contain her toys. Fun!

I did make a new recipe -- and it wasn't a Pioneer Woman recipe! -- for a low-cal fettuccine alfredo. (Granted, a low-cal alfredo is still in the 400-500 calorie range, but still...) It was really good.

Yep. That's about all I have to report about this weekend. Oh, I did watch Date Night with Steve Carrell and Tina Fey and thought it was really funny. I recommend it if you haven't seen it.

(By the way, Amelia's shirtless in these photos because she had just just spilled her juice ALL OVER herself...and the floor I had mopped two days before.)



No comments: