Thursday, August 18, 2011

Iced Coffee and Impending Wrinkles

If this week has a theme, it should be "Pioneer Woman."

Because y'all...I made another Pioneer Woman recipe: Iced Coffee.

I love coffee. I really do. But I don't enjoy drinking a hot beverage in summertime. I've made several homemade iced coffee attempts in the past, but they failed miserably. (Don't even get me started on the Keurig's iced coffee, which is basically a weak, watery mess.)

But this? This is the most successful attempt by far, and it is really delicious.

I also suggest you click on the link provided above to see PW's "professional" photos because my iced coffee pictured above? It looks like sludge in a glass.

In other news...this afternoon I had a much-needed eyebrow wax. I go to a spa to have this done. Don't judge me for that; I realize I could get it done for less at a nail salon, but I had a negative experience once, and it involved a rickety table, scalding hot wax, and uneven brows. And there might have been a cut-up orange with a couple of flies on it on the table next to me.

So anyway, back to the spa...the woman who did my brows was obsessed with my dry skin. Already this was a bit of an ego squasher because I was feeling pretty confident about my at-this-moment-breakout-free skin. She then said that I needed to take care of this immediately because dry skin wrinkles badly. BADLY.

She gave me a sample of some cream that she wants me to try, made a note in my file, and said, "It's a little pricey, but if you like how it feels on your skin, you might consider making the investment because you do not want this dry skin to get out of control before winter."

Wow.

So I took my sample, and after I checked out and she left the room, I took a peek at how "pricey" this nectar of the gods is.


That would be $89.

Yes, $89.

I'm already predicting that it is going to make my face feel like a baby's behind. Because my skin? It likes expensive things.

Well, I better go so I can search the web for some Black Market Jurlique...or a job to finance it.

1 comment:

Blayne White said...

oh dear! this post is fraught with sooo many things i could comment on - AND so many to laugh at...maybe i should make that laugh WITH! i must hear more about the orange....