Monday, August 15, 2011

The Weekend, Good Food, Good Movie...and Weight Loss


The Weekend
We had a really good weekend that included some good food, some down time with the family, and errands to places like Costco and such.

Saturday morning, I made the Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Toast--The Right Way. Yep, another PW recipe. It was really good, but neither Darryl nor I cared for the bread I had used, which was very "hearty" and "grainy." But I will definitely try it again because I think the right bread will make it heavenly.

{I am going to pause here to say that I have the show Bachelor Pad on in the background, and I am mourning America's taste in television.}

{Let me also add that I didn't intend for this to be on my TV. I turned on the TV and that was what was on. I refuse to get sucked in. This is a low, even for me.}

We grilled steaks Saturday night (yum) and enjoyed just hanging out. Sunday involved some church activities, but overall, it was a good, low-key weekend.

Today
I got up bright and early to go to a career networking group. It was actually somewhat encouraging and enjoyable. (Sometimes those things can be depressing because oh my word at the people who are searching for jobs.)

After that, in a total "tennis wife" move, I met my friend Blayne for lunch, and then we went to see The Help. I have already talked on this blog about how much I loved the book, and the movie did NOT disappoint.


Y'all, it was so good. See it. Now. (And Emma Stone is quickly becoming one of my favorite young actresses!)

Weight Loss
In spite of the good food I had over the weekend, I somehow managed to lose 2.4 pounds! I'm hoping to keep plugging away at it...

No comments: