Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Just Putting It Out There

On The Doctors yesterday, (don't judge me because I watched it), trainer Jilli@n Michaels said that one of the best things to do if you want to lose weight is to let everyone around you know, to "put it out there" that you want to lose weight. I want to lose 20 pounds. So there. I put it out there.

(I'm also trying something new and crazy: keeping track of what I eat, attempting to eat healthy and control my portions, and exercising. Novel idea, huh?)

I'm also putting out there -- because what good is a blog if you can't vent once in a while -- that today has been a frustrating day. First, why can't people simply respond to emails? (As I typed that, I remembered I didn't respond to my mom's email from last night. Oops!) I've also been running in circles trying to get in my application materials for a job I really want. However, I was really hoping I would have a contact/connection for this job, and those hopes have been deflated like a balloon. So now I realize my chances are...well, probably not good. Because we all know it's all about "who you know." And while I have been putting all my job materials together, Amelia has been destroying the house. At least she's had fun, huh?

But on a more positive note that I'll just "put out there," I had a good visit with my parents Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We went to the aquarium (which was crowded, yo), and we also enjoyed some good food. My parents were also celebrating 45 years of marriage. Darryl and I had a date night Friday. Also good.

ALSO, in a note completely related to nothing...if you get a chance to see the movie Crazy, Stupid Love, do it. My friend Blayne and I went out last week and saw it, and it was so insanely good and funny. It was the best romantic comedy I've seen in a long time.

It also features Ryan Gosling and his ABS.

You're welcome.

Back to this weekend...Saturday night I joined Tim, Max, and Anna for our annual trip to the Miss Cobb pageant. We love this tradition. So much fun!


Don't we all look happy???

2 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

Amy, Thanks for your comment on my post about my 4th blogiversary! i wanted to make a comment on your post about not being in school this year.

I am a retired teacher and I felt so weird, funny, strange not getting ready to go back to school the first year I was retired. Something about getting back in my classroom and getting my bulletin boards done, lesson plan book, class roll, etc. was a part of my life for so long. Well, ANOTHER year rolled around and I would ride by the school and say to myself, "Look, they're having school?!!!" I stayed home for 15 years with Kelly and her brother and then started back to teaching when they were in middle school.

I NEVER regret the time I stayed home with my kids! NEVER!

Blessings!

Amy said...

Thanks so much for your words of wisdom! It does take some getting used to, for sure.

And thank you for stopping by...