Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Creative Escape 2011--Part 2

Before I really begin, let me tell you that Amelia is sitting next to me, watching "Agent Oso" on TV and playing "Dynamite" on the iPad, so if this post is a string of incoherent thoughts, just know that I'm not really working in an environment where I can focus very well. :-)

Back to Creative Escape...

Friday and Saturday were full of taking classes. Seriously. We got up, had breakfast, went to two classes, had lunch, then went to classes after lunch, then had dinner. CE really feels like both a marathon AND a sprint rolled into one. I'm not going to go over every class (because I'm not sure anyone -- scrapper or not -- would find that interesting), but I'm going to show just a few photos.






Another fun part of Creative Escape was all the little goodies we receive just randomly throughout the three days we were there.


I don't know how to create a smooth transition to this next part, so I'm just going to plunge forward...

Cathy, Blayne, and I really wanted to try In 'N Out while we were there, so our "plan" was to eat very little of our dinner (the food at the hotel was just so-so) and then go out Friday night and eat at In 'N Out. Well, after a day of classes with no snack in the afternoon, we were STARVING by dinnertime, so we ended up eating most of the hotel dinner. But we knew that was the only time we could go to In 'N Out, so we went anyway. So yes, we essentially ate two dinners Friday night. (Don't judge...and we didn't eat the WHOLE meal either time.)

(By the way...we are wearing matching red t-shirts because Blayne made them to advertise ScrapRoom software. We did not wear matching outfits every day.)

(Also, we were so grossly full after this In 'N Out experience. In 'N Out was good, but perhaps it would have been better if, say, we hadn't eaten another meal beforehand.)

Then on Saturday, Cathy and Blayne REALLY wanted to go to Del Taco for lunch, so we skipped out on the hotel lunch (again, it looked sub-par), and went to Del Taco. I had never eaten at one, but may I just say that the combination of a burrito and fries is delightful?

I'm going to do one more CE-related post tomorrow about the Saturday Night Celebration. I met another scrapbooking celebrity! I won a prize! So much to tell...

(And thanks for bearing with me through the CE posts.)

No comments: