Sunday, July 16, 2006

The weekend and the week ahead

It's been a good weekend. I did some much needed cleaning while I watched VH1's World Series of Pop Culture. VH1 always has the ability to suck me in to whatever they are showing; I can't tell you how many times I've seen I Love the 70's or I Love the 80's, and yes, I've even seen I Love the 90's.

Last night, Darryl and I met Darryl's Uncle Sandy and Aunt Carol Sue, who are in town from Florida for a few days, Fleming's. We really enjoyed seeing them, and the food was good, too.

Today I did a little shopping and ran some errands. This week, I'll be attending an AP workshop, so today's routine reminded me of my typical Sundays during the school year: doing laundry, buying lunch meat for packed lunches, setting the coffee maker to go off at 5:15 (ugh), packing my school bag. I hope The View can survive without me this week.

This is also a big week for Darryl, who is starting a new job tomorrow. We're both really excited about this; the work is more in line with the kind of IT work he likes to do, and his commute time has been cut by at least two-thirds. Go Darryl!

And this is random . . . but I am in SERIOUS need of a haircut, and I don't really have a good answer for why I haven't gotten one yet. After a while, I realized that I'm so close to the beginning of the school year that I might as well wait another week or two so I can have that "fresh" back-to-school haircut. The other option is to continue to let it grow and then make a long braid so that I can be "that weird teacher with the long braid." Shouldn't every school have one of those teachers?

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think that's a not-so-subtle rather that you prefer my hair shorter rather than longer. :)

As I type this, I'm on my break in my AP class, and a guy with dreads is sitting in front of me. Now THERE'S an idea...

Amy said...

Oops--I mean a not-so-subtle REMINDER. I should proofread.

Jess said...

I don't know what happened, but I promise- there's an update! I say go for the haircut- and highlights too!! I agree with your mom that it'll make you feel better =)