Sunday, July 23, 2006

Mission Accomplished!

I had a productive weekend! Yay me! I actually completed two of the household projects I had mentioned--Darryl and I moved the bookcase and some books to school, and I also cleaned out the guest room closet. We even went above and beyond those projects; this "cleaning up and cleaning out" mode of thinking compelled us to clean, organize, and downsize our office space. We have this ridiculously huge computer desk that is falling apart from about, oh, six moves, and we don't have much use for it now that we have laptops. Our bargain of the weekend was a smaller computer cart that we bought on the sidewalk outside Office Depot for $12. (For some reason that Darryl, the tech wiz, can explain to you, we still need to keep our clunky desktop, but we can at least put in on this cart that takes up about a third of the space the huge office desk does.)

In addition, I finished reading Of Mice and Men. Granted, you may not be impressed because it isn't that long of a book, but it is still one I had to read for my pre-AP class. Next is Old Man and the Sea, and I must get back to Tale of Two Cities. Jen C has left me in the dust on that one! Fortunately, TOTC doesn't come up on the syllabus until November, but I would like to get a head start on it.

I'm hoping this weekend has given me some momentum to have a super-productive week.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Can't wait to see what you think!!! I love me some Sydney Carton. Sounds dreamy--a drunk, kind of "emo"...sweet!

Amy said...

I'm hoping to finish Old Man and the Sea today, so my plan is to turn my attention back to TOTC tomorrow. I just couldn't focus on it while I was doing that AP workshop last week. Sorry I slacked off on you!

Jenny said...

I'll let it slide. Next time, you get an F. ;)

Anonymous said...

Next time you are at work, stop by and see me!