Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Starbucks the Office

Forget the room in our house labeled "the office"--my office is really a table in Starbucks. When I was teaching in Louisiana, I discovered that I actually get more work done in a coffee house than I do anywhere else. (I must pay homage here to my favorite coffee joints of all time, the great CC's coffee houses that can be found on almost every corner in the Baton Rouge area.) Fortunately, there is a Starbucks not too far from my house, so for the past two days, I've packed up all my school stuff and my laptop to work on my lesson plans. The cool thing about this Starbucks is that wi-fi is free because the Atlanta Bread Company next door has free wi-fi. Aha!

Aside from the work I did on lesson plans, I don't have much to report about today. Oh, there was a brief exciting episode where I chased the garbage truck down the road (while pulling the gargantuan green garbage can, of course) to get him to empty our garbage. He came much earlier than usual, so the can wasn't out yet. Well, now that I type it, I realize it isn't that exciting. Maybe you should've been there.

1 comment:

RC said...

that works out really well for you to get the free wi-fi at starbucks...otherwise you have to pay tons to use there service.

it is of course fun to take your work from an office to a communal office of strangeres.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com