Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sunday, 39+ Weeks, and Baby's Room

Today, Darryl and I--thinking that this could be our last weekend just the two of us--decided to drive up into the hilly countryside north of us to look at some leaves. Our first stop was Amicalola Falls, where we took this picture at the top of the falls:

Now, I didn't really walk up all those steps (you can park at the top of the falls), but I told Darryl I was ready to leave because I was attracting LOTS of attention because everyone thought I had hiked it. I also don't like my facial expression in that picture, so consider the following one my official "34 years old and almost 40 weeks pregnant picture":
We also went to Ellijay to an apple barn, where I bought some apples (healthy, right?) and a fried apple pie (um, well...at least it has fruit in it). It was a good day, and the leaves--at least the ones that had turned--were very pretty.

And finally, here are a couple of pics of the baby's room. We've had it done for a while, but I've just been lazy about posting the pictures.

Here's what the room looks like as you walk in. The wall to the left basically just consists of closet doors.

And here are the other two walls. Ignore the white basket with a few remaining items to wash. Oh, and Coretta's "official" name is going on the shelf above the changing table/dresser:

So there you go. We're ready.

8 comments:

RealTimShady said...

Okay, I admit, when I saw the first picture I assumed that you had walked those steps in an attempt to get the ball rolling, if you know what I mean!

The babies room is precious!

Amy said...

Thanks, Tim, about the room. I like it--girly without being TOO pink.

And if Coretta doesn't make an appearance by Friday, we may be going back to the Falls. :) It really was funny--I was the center of attention..."Wow...you must want that baby to come on" or "Look, that pregnant lady climbed all those steps!"

Anonymous said...

NESTING HAS STARTED!!!!!

Jenny said...

LOVE the room. You look great too! Just baby right in your belly and that's it! Wow!

PS Every time you write "Coretta" I think about my actual student named Coretta. :)

RealTimShady said...

My original post should say the BABY'S room.

Amy said...

Jen, thanks for both compliments. I'm afraid that once the baby is out of the belly, though, "hidden" fat is going to be more evident. :)

Tim, I don't know what the deal is with that, but I actually had to go back and edit my post because I put "babies room" in the title. That better not mean that there is more than one baby!!!! (Of course, we English teachers know that it would then be "babies' room," haha.)

:) said...

Hi! I just clicked over from Jen's blog....congratulations on your new baby girl!! I love the nursery!! We're expecting a girl in March and I may be using that very same bedding...where did you find the cute prints on the wall??

Amy said...

Hey--thanks! Congrats on your upcoming arrival!

I'm not sure which prints you like, but the ones over the crib that match the bedding came from a seller on E-bay who does paintings and things to match Pottery Barn Kids decor. The seller is "Baby It's Perfect For You," and the print is "Daisy Garden."

I found the other prints hanging over the glider at a TJMaxx/HomeGoods store.

Hope this helps...