Friday, November 09, 2007

Still no baby

I feel an obligation to post an update every day. I've already learned that if I don't pick up my cell phone when it rings, people assume it is because I'm labor and can't answer it. :)

I pretty much stayed around the house all day, but tonight, in an effort to cure my cabin fever, Darryl and I went to eat at Macaroni Grill and then saw the movie Dan in Real Life. I liked it, and Darryl didn't. (He later confessed to me that he doesn't really like Steve Carell. What??) Granted, it isn't on my Top Ten List of Greatest Movies of All Time, but I thought it was a nice, understated movie.

Oh, when we were at Macaroni Grill, there was a table full of little girls--plus some smaller groups scattered throughout the restaurant--dressed in 50's attire (poodle skirts, pedal pushers, scarves around ponytails) with their dads, who were dressed in white t-shirts and black leather jackets. Apparently there was some daddy/daughter dance or event somewhere tonight. Anyway, it was really cute...made me excited about having a little girl. Of course, Darryl and I joked that mom was probably home with a glass of wine and a chick flick, enjoying a few moments of peace and quiet and having the house to herself.

And as for me...soon I'm going to bed in hopes that I'll be awakened by labor pains. :)

7 comments:

RealTimShady said...

It's not cute anymore after they grow up, go to college, join a sorority, and then participate in the sorority's "Daddy-Daughter Date Night." Remember this in 18 years and don't let Coretta join a sorority.

Amy said...

Ha! Did I ever tell you about the year I lived in a sorority house at Samford? (I wasn't in the sorority, but I had to live in the house because housing space was limited.)

Right now, I'm just hoping that Coretta will come out some time in the next 18 years. :)

Jenny said...

I can't wait for Coretta!!! What if they were mistaken and it's a Martin instead???

Amy said...

Jen, don't think I haven't considered that!

I did promise Darryl that if we're surprised and have a boy that I won't make him repaint the room...I'll just find some "boy" bedding that will match with yellow! :)

Anonymous said...

If they did make a mistake...I think you should go with Luther instead of Martin. It has a def. backwoods charm!

Long story with One Act...May not be over it for some time!

I predict labor by tonight!

Amy said...

Hey Kim! Luther along with my last name would definitely have a backwoods charm!

Tim emailed me the results of One Act. That stinks. :( Feel free to give me the low-down, nitty gritty details. I certainly have time to listen. :)

As far as your prediction goes...geez, I hope you're right!

RealTimShady said...

Luther is my father's name. Enough said.