Sunday, November 25, 2007

Amelia's first "real" outing

Amelia, my mom, and I went out yesterday on Amelia's first official outing. We had lunch at Ruby Tuesday's and shopped at DSW, HomeGoods, and Babies R' Us. I was quite proud of myself for handling the carseat and the stroller with increasing ease and confidence. (The other day, I asked Kim when the carseat stops feeling so awkward--man, that thing is heavy with a 9+ pound baby in in it--and she said emphatically, "Never!") Amelia was great through the whole thing, sleeping most of the time and waking just once to be fed, which my mom did in the car while I went into a store, and needing to be changed just once.

This outing was really more for me than Amelia, I think--now I'm not quite as terrified to leave the house with her. That's been a big obstacle for me to overcome.

In other Amelia news (knock on wood here), Amelia has had two good nights in a row, sleeping a few hours, taking a bottle and cooing some, and then sleeping a few more hours. Cross your fingers...

And in news completely unrelated to Amelia, it was just a bad football weekend at our house with LSU's loss (the curse of being #1) and FSU's loss (that's D's team, and let me tell you, he was NOT happy). Oh, well...

2 comments:

RealTimShady said...

Amy, you look great in this picture!

(Amelia is cute, too.)

Amy said...

Thanks, Tim! :)