Sunday, November 04, 2007

My 34th

So, yesterday was my birthday, and it was pretty good. Typically, I still get excited about my birthday just like a little kid, but this year, it really took a backseat to the impending baby arrival. (It's probably just preparation for my "taking the backseat" pretty much for the rest of my life once I have a child to think about!)

Still, it was a good day...

--I started off my morning with Dunkin' Donuts and a caramel apple cider from Starbucks.
--Darryl and I went to various places, purchasing last-minute things for me and/or the baby. The baby can now come any time she wants. I'm ready.
--We had Mexican food for dinner last night, but I didn't really have too much of an appetite. Darryl told me that he'll take me somewhere really good after the baby is born and my mother is here to babysit one evening. (If Grandma doesn't mind doing that, of course.)
--LSU--in typical fashion--won a game in the last few minutes, and then FSU managed to beat #2 Boston College...so LSU should be back to #2!!! Geaux Tigers!

I have pictures to post later today: probably my "last" pregnancy photos as well as long-overdue pics of the baby's room. I know everyone is just waiting on pins and needles...

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay! I was happy LSU won. :)
Chris called me while he was out in AU with his buddy and was shocked when I was commenting on the game. I had watched the whole thing from beginning to end with no one else in the house with me besides two children. And a beer. :)

Have a great 34th year! Mine ends on Wednesday...welcome 35...YIKES!

Anonymous said...

Nana is more than willing to baby sit!

Amy said...

To my mom...so are you going with "Nana"?

Jen, see...there ARE occasions when your boys need LSU attire! :) Darryl is always shocked when I watch games without him, too...

Anonymous said...

Happy,happy birthday! So glad you weren't at work. Wish I hadn't been...although the last run through was the one when I said...hmmm, might have a show here.

Anonymous said...

I like Nana. It is sort of dignified and much younger sounding than Granny.