Saturday, November 17, 2007

Bonding with Amelia

Darryl and I are really enjoying this week with Amelia. My parents, who came up as soon as they heard we were heading to the hospital, left Thursday so that Darryl and I could have some "alone time" with the baby. (This was pretty gracious on their part; this is their first grandchild, after all. They're coming back for Thanksgiving, though.)

Anyway, she has us tied around her finger...even during the sleepless nights. (By the way, I think we may be on the verge of a breakthrough with that, knock on wood.)

We went for our first visit to the pediatrician yesterday, and Amelia is already up to 9 pounds, so she's definitely eating well. :) (I guess infancy is the one time in a woman's life when it is good to gain wait.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics from the last few days...

Darryl read her One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish yesterday. About halfway through, he said, "This is a long book." Amelia seemed to like it, though:

4 comments:

Jenny said...

You look great!
Tell Darryl I agree that One Fish, Two Fish is a long book. Especially when a kid isn't paying any attention. :)

Keep us updated!

Amy said...

Thanks, Jen.

Tell me...how fair is it that you give birth and you leave the hospital looking pregnant...still?

Anonymous said...

Be happy that part is over! I predict within 2 weeks you will be back to normal!
I believe she has your nose and chin...precious!

Amy said...

Ooh..I don't know about that 2 weeks thing. I'm drinking water by the tons because I'm still really "puffy" in my hands and feet. Yay!

One thing is for sure--Amelia has the same hairline as her dad...scant in the front and more plentiful in the back. :)