Thursday, November 08, 2007

My First TV Post in a While

My mother will just have to indulge me...I haven't posted about TV in a while. But while I'm waiting for a baby and nothing else is going on, I might as well...

I'm not really watching a whole lot this year. But here's the rundown on what I am watching. If you watch any of the same shows, I'd like your opinion, too...

Dancing with the Stars--I haven't been as much into the show as usual this year, mainly because it has coincided with trying to get lesson plans finished and stuff like that. I'm pulling for Jennie Garth and Helio the Racecar Driver. Or Scary Spice. (I didn't like Scary Spice in the beginning, but she CAN dance.)

Grey's Anatomy--I'm trying to figure out why I'm still watching this show. I think it is definitely on its way down. My favorite character, Addison, moved to the gross Private Practice show, and I don't really like any of the other characters right now. I'm over Meredith and Derek (although, and I know I'm in the minority here, I was never a big fan because I find her whiny and annoying), and I hate the pairing of George and Izzie. My favorite character now is Bailey. She's the only one I don't want to strangle.

The Office--While this show still has moments of humor, I almost think it seems to be trying too hard. Some of the plotlines are way over the top, and I thought the 1-hour episodes were 30 minutes too long. I do like the pairing of Jim and Pam...I'll hang in there.

Friday Night Lights--Still the best show on TV, even with the stupid plot involving Landry, Tyra, and the body they dumped into the river. Everything else about this show I love...and I will say that at least the actors playing Landry and Tyra are doing a great job with the yucky material they've been given. Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton, however, are THE reasons to watch this show. They're brilliant.

And, of course, with the writers' strike going on...who knows how many more of these shows we get to "enjoy" anyway?

Any thoughts?

No comments: