Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Random Things

1. For those of you who read my blog (all 4 or 5 of you), thanks for putting up with my "all Amelia all the time" posts. I'm a new mother, and I love posting about her.

2. That being said, apparently Sunday night was a fluke. She slept a good portion of the night last night, but Darryl and I had to take shifts making sure she stayed that way. (The theory here is that the more she sleeps at night, the easier it should be to keep her awake during the day.) At 3:30 this morning, I was rocking the bouncy seat while watching last Thursday's The Office, which I thought was one of the best episodes of the season. (Or am I more easily amused when I'm sleep deprived?)

3. Is anyone watching Friday Night Lights? (Again, a show I watched while on the baby shift.) I'm loving the new storyline with Santiago and Buddy Garrity, and I think it has lots of potential. Anyone with me on this?

4. I must have this for Christmas.

7 comments:

RealTimShady said...

You can only get that for Christmas if you order it from Gail's Gifts!

Amy said...

LOL!!!

Jenny said...

I'm still watching FNL! :)
The sleep thing: with us, it's an up and down thing for sure...
Luke, as I probably said before, didn't sleep through the night until he was two. Jake is a better sleeper.

Amy said...

If Amelia would sleep during the night the way she sleeps during the day...we'd be set!

I think we're slowly making the transition--she's starting to be awake more during the day and is sleeping (unassisted, independently)a little more during the night. I'm exhausted, but happy. :)

Amy said...

Oh, also Jen...I remember reading how Jake liked being swaddled. Amelia, not so much. She stays awake fighting her way out of it...

Jenny said...

Luke was the same way.

Anonymous said...

Miss Mac still does fan kicks with her legs all night...and she will be 9 in another week. Geez, I have a 9 year old! No swaddling for her...ever! I think Miss Amelia's doing great!