Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The best comedy on TV right now...

...is The Bachelor. I'm not kidding. Let me clarify that I'm not "into" the show; I just happen to catch it once in a while, and last night I watched it longer than I usually do because I couldn't sleep. I don't care which girl he picks or if he proposes. Below you'll find my reasons why you should tune in (if only just once) for a few good laughs:

1--The stupidity of the girls. Take, for example, what one of the girls said last night: "This is hard. The man I love is, like, dating all these other women." Um, honey, you're on The Bachelor. That's pretty much the premise of the show.

2--The bachelor himself. Y'all, he's hokey. He looks like a living Ken doll and says some of the schmaltziest things. He took this one girl on a date where they made their own wine, and he said something like, "Oh, it's just like us--a perfect blend." Please. Gross.

3--The music. Yes, folks, because this edition of The Bachelor is called The Bachelor: An Officer and a Gentleman, of course the show would feature the song--you guessed it--"Up Where We Belong" at any available opportunity. And really, isn't that one of the worst songs ever? "Love lift us up where we belong...where the eagles fly on a mountain high...."

I rest my case. (My apologies to my mother, who doesn't really like my TV posts.)

No comments: