Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Les Miserables

Last night, the musical theatre class (which consists of 60+ students) performed Les Miserables. It was incredible. First of all, I'm amazed at how many talented kids we have at our not-so-big school. I know you teachers out there (and maybe some of you non-teachers out there) have sat through your share of high school musicals that featured solos that made you want to cringe (I haven't experienced that at our school, Kim), but all the soloists (and there were quite a few) sounded great, especially the students playing the main parts. Kim, who often comments as "Theatre Director," and Tim have done a wonderful job of bringing out the best in those students. Equally impressive was how much was going on...Les Mis is such a huge undertaking--lighting, haze, a rotating stage, etc. My only complaint is that I wish I had seen it before closing night because I think I would have gone back to see it again!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I wonder if Jen will leave a comment here detailing her moment of Les Mis glory at one of my Cinco de Mayo parties in Auburn--it involved "I Dreamed a Dream," a microphone, a giant speaker, and two cops arriving halfway through her performance without her noticing...and letting her finish the song! :-)

Jenny said...

Holy crap. I can't imagine our school doing Les Miserables. It would be plain...miserable.

Amy said...

Jen, I want to hear more about that party!!!!

Jenny said...

Holy crap. I forgot all about that. I think I have a photo of that night. Let me see if I can find it...Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, any video footage of Jen's solo? Just think, policemen with enough culture and class to let her finish.

Jenny said...

I will look for the pic and let y'all know if I post it on my blog. No footage. Thank God.

Jenny said...

PS I say "Holy Crap" way too much.