Saturday, May 26, 2007

Graduation and Other Things

Yesterday was officially the last day of school for students, and last night was graduation. Graduation itself was pretty uneventful, but I enjoyed spending time with Kim and Tim. We had a delicious meal at On The Border before graduation, and we've decided it will be a yearly ritual. I've decided that I'm a guacamole snob; I usually don't care much for guac, but Kim and Tim wanted to have the "Guacamole Live," which is guac made fresh, tableside. I thought it was wonderful. So I guess I don't care for guacamole unless it is prepared from fresh ingredients...tableside. :)

(The fact that the previous paragraph focused more on guacamole than on graduation is kind of sad.)

On another note, I must find a pool for the summer. Our neighborhood doesn't have a pool. Before we moved here 4 years ago, we always had access to apartment or neighborhood pools. That has become my quest this morning--finding a public pool. I think I've found one in a nice area not too far from here. Today is the grand opening for the season, so I'm sure this weekend isn't a good time to visit, but I might ride by and check it out. There is nothing I want more right now, though, than to grab a book or magazine and sit by the pool, getting in every now and then to cool off. Ahhhh.

Also, yesterday was the "first anniversary" of the blog. I've really enjoyed conversing with you all through blog comments and posts. Thanks for reading and commenting!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy 1 year anniversary! :)

Anonymous said...

You know I would eat guac on cardboard. Love your blog! (And your Paula Deen desserts!)
Hugs!