Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A few quick things

1. I'm finished with students for the year. That's a good thing. To be quite honest with you, I will be happy for the seniors to graduate, and that seems to be the feeling throughout the building.

2. My younger boyfriend Apolo emerged as the victor of Dancing with the Stars last night! Yea!

3. I'm psyched about the season finale of Lost tonight. I will be watching...after I attend our school's "Inspiration Service," that is.

4. I did not watch the American Idol finals last night. In fact, I gave up AI several weeks ago because it bored me.

5. I think I caught senioritis from my seniors. I have work to do--grading my sophomores' final papers, cleaning my classroom, working on lesson plans for next year, etc.--but I don't want to do any of it. I'd rather surf the Internet.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Girl, a big WORD on all of that!
1. Only had two students who didn't graduate--that's a record.
2. Apollo brought it.
3. Tonight's graduation and my friend is TIVOing Lost for me.
4. American Idol sucks. Sanjaya should have just stayed and won. At least it would have been a memorable season.
5. I don't know what to do in my classroom. Too much to move/clean and I don't have the energy or ability to do it. Blah!

RealTimShady said...

Surf the net...and eat snacks...and gossip...and play games...and eat snacks...and surf the net...and gossip.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Amy said...

Jen, I had only 2 not graduate, too--if you had asked me a week ago, I would have thought it would be more than that. This year's group was a lazy crew.

Tim, is it gossip if it's true? And I didn't eat that many snacks today, thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

Borrowing from my next door neighbor...if you say it often enough so that you begin to believe it...it is true. I swear! Just ask him.

Jenny said...

What did we do at work during days like this before the internet???

Amy said...

Jen, we'd probably get a lot more done! (Or gossip a lot more!)

Anonymous said...

How did you like the article on the 4 women who were fired for "gossiping"? Hope they get their jobs back and really talk up a storm! I am so ready for tomorrow.

Amy said...

I thought that was pretty interesting.

I also think that when Tim mentioned "gossip" in his comments that he implied I'm a big gossiper...

For the record, everyone, I'm not. If some unnamed persons would just do their jobs, we wouldn't have anything to gossip--talk, I mean--about. :)