Sunday, May 06, 2007

The End of an Era

Yesterday, Darryl and I said farewell to the red couch and chair. This was our first major purchase after we got married in 1999, and it has served us well over the years. Maybe it isn't the "trendiest" couch by today's standards, but when I saw this in the furniture store eight years ago, I knew it would be the perfect addition to our first apartment. Three apartments, two houses, and two cities later, the couch and chair have been retired.

Now we have a more subdued look going on, as you can see in the picture below. We like the new furniture, but I think it is going to take some getting used to. I'm particulary excited about the "chair and a half"--I think that it is going to be the PERFECT spot for some napping and reading this summer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My friend Amanda has a chair-and-a-half, and it's fantastic. I think you're be doing lots of reading and napping (mostly the latter, I bet) in it over the summer.

Anonymous said...

If you need a red couch fix...come on over! Of ocurse, mine is much more at home in a bordello...but I like it!