Sunday, April 29, 2007

Prom

So last night I went to our prom. This is the second year that I've gone (my official job is checking in the kids as they come in), and I really enjoy it. I have a tendency to get really frustrated with my students at this point in the semester, and seeing them all dressed up and having a good time softens my heart towards them a little bit.

I didn't take any pictures, mainly because I'm not really extroverted enough to say, "Okay, everyone...let me take your picture." I may try to get bold enough with that next year, though. I'll work up to it.

I don't really have much to report about it. It went well, no major dramas or scenes. Some of the girls were dressed, well, a little too provocatively, but I would say the vast majority were appropriately dressed and very classy. I'm a bit dismayed, however, by the apparent comeback of the white tux. Ugh.

No comments: