Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Loooong Overdue Easter Post

Things have been crazy, crazy, crazy busy here, and I'm just now getting around to my Easter post.

Easter weekend was great. We went down to Florida to spend the weekend with both our families and had lots of fun, but we stayed very busy.

Saturday was fairly low-key until that afternoon, when Darryl's family met up at the beach for a family portrait session. It was quite cool and VERY windy, but we did get some good photos. This is quite an accomplishment when four children are involved (and one of them being Amelia, who doesn't yet understand "Look at the camera!")

After our photo session, we went to eat at Sunset Grill. Our wait for the food was long, but it was delicious when it arrived. They have some fried cheese grit cakes that are out of this world!

Darryl, Amelia, and I then paid a visit to Darryl's cousin Hayes and his wife, Brandy. They have a few-weeks-old daughter, Mary Katherine. I couldn't believe how TINY she was. She's 7-1/2 pounds, which is pretty average for a baby, but Amelia was over 8-1/2 pounds...so MK just seemed so small to me. (Also, I've been carrying around a currently-19-pound Amelia, so...MK felt like a feather.) MK was too, too precious! Here we are:



This is from Easter morning. There's nothing significant going on here; I just liked the pic.

Here's Miss Amelia showing off her Easter dress:

We went to church with Darryl's family. Amelia was very good through the service and apparently loved the choir. She was mesmerized by them!

After church, we all--Darryl's family included--went to my parents' house for a HUGE lunch: ham, chicken and dumplings, potato salad, creamed corn, collards, other veggies, coconut cake, banana pudding...the list goes on.

Here's our best family pic. When I asked Darryl why he doesn't smile in his pictures, he replied, "I am smiling."

And last, but not least, Amelia had her first visit from the Easter Bunny, who brought her a stuffed bunny, some books, some sunglasses, and a cute outfit. Here's Amelia sizing up her goodies:

"Thank you, Easter Bunny!!"

7 comments:

Kristy said...

Love, love, love the pics!!! She is getting so big, & you my friend are looking fabulous!!! I love Darryl's response to the smiling thing. That was so "him" I could hear him saying it to you. (That is so like Joe, too. Although, if Joe isn't smiling, he's doing goofy faces. That gets frustrating quickly!)

I can see Darryl's smile, & it's a great family pic.

When is your spring break? Ours is now. And, yes, I'll work on getting a post up tomorrow (hopefully).

Kristy said...

Oh yeah, where were the Easter pics taken? Were the crib pics at your mom's? (My parents still have the crib & stuff from when the twins were little.)

Amy said...

Our Spring Break is next week. (And it can't get here soon enough.)

The crib pics are from my parents' house. Yes, they bought a crib for Amelia. And a high chair. And a jumperoo. No, she's not spoiled or anything...being the long-anticipated grandchild that she is. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!!! You look FANTASTIC and the baby is sooo precious!----Jen C

Anonymous said...

I thought you were never going to post the Easter pictures. I don't think Amelia is spoiled -- just well cared for. We're looking forward to your next visit. I want to take her shopping.

Amy said...

1. That last anonymous post--specifically mentioning a shopping trip--is from the "non-spoiling" grandmother. :)

2. Is there a reason, Jen and my mom, that you are having to comment anonymously? Like is my blog not letting you comment or something?

Anonymous said...

I think I just forgot how to enter a comment; however, I think I have it now.