Thursday, April 24, 2008

"Blech" and Bullets

--"Blech" because that's how I felt for the last three days because I had a stomach virus. I think it has been 10 years since I've had one. I'm fine if it is at least 10 years before the next one. I had to stay home two days from school. This was going to be my "get things done" week while my students watched Gatsby. (Another movie. Sue me. At least we read the book.) Not convenient. It made for easy sub plans, though.
--"Bullets" because my thoughts are so random that I'm not even attempting coherent paragraphs.
--I'm definitely getting my hair chopped off tomorrow. I just spent an hour at Barnes & Noble, looking through hair mags. I think I have enough pics to take to my hairdresser. I trust her. (Famous last words, huh?)
--I think perfume samples in magazines should be banned. I have a killer headache now. Seriously, don't some people have serious, life-threatening allergies to strong smells? The samples should at least be encased in some heavy-duty plastic.
--I'm all for marriages staying together, but I do have to confess that I snickered when I heard St@r Jones is getting a divorce. I'm not her biggest fan.
--While I was at Barnes & Nobles, I bought a book (from the clearance rack) about decorating sugar cookies. That may become a (fattening) summer hobby. On those days when I feel as though I never want to teach again (and let's face it, teachers...those days are pretty frequent this time of the year), I dream of being a pastry chef/cake decorator.
--Lost comes back tonight! Yay! (Or is the correct spelling really "Yea"?)
--Grey's Anatomy comes back tonight! Yea!
--I need to grade papers instead of watch TV. :(
--Two phrases I'm sick of: "Shawty" and "Boo" (as in my significant other, "my boo").
--I've procrastinated with the grading thing long enough. I better go.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

You're cracking me up...I love your ramblings. I can't believe you went to a bookstore to look at hair mags. In true Kristy fashion, I make the appointment, then look thru mags there, & do whatever the hairdresser thinks is good. I envy those of you who have it together. (Remember my wedding...my life just flows that way!) :)

Post a pic of the new "do" soon! Oh yeah, feel better soon! Did you at least send Amelia to daycare during the day so you could rest, or at least suffer w/o having to care for her too. (Did that come out right?)

Amy said...

Kristy, if I actually had it together, I wouldn't be so behind on grading right now. :)

Darryl took Amelia to daycare, partly because I didn't want to expose her to my germs more than I had to, and partly because I really couldn't take care of her and needed to rest. It was really weird being here that long by myself...with the ability to nap as long as I wanted.