Saturday, April 05, 2008

Aahhhh...Spring Break :)

Finally...Spring Break is here!

I'm really enjoying sitting here in my comfy clothes, not feeling the pressure to do all kinds of things and run all my errands in order to get ready for the school week to begin again on Monday. Amelia is napping and Darryl has gone to get some maintenance things done on my car, so it is quite peaceful.

Amelia and I are heading to Florida later this week to see Amelia's grandparents. We're looking forward to it. Cross your fingers that Amelia travels well. I'm hoping her more comfortable car seat will help a little. I've noticed that she really sprawls out in this seat and can see out the window better; she seemed really cramped in the infant seat we had.

There really isn't much more to report than that. I've really blown my diet out of the water the past couple of days; seriously, yesterday was a day of gluttony like I haven't experienced in some time, and my stomach literally ached last night. (I'll just say that the day's menu included a Krispy Kreme donut with icing AND sprinkles, a few bites of turtle cheesecake, and part of the Chocolate Stampede from Longhorn's. Just the name of that last dessert suggests lots of calories.)

Well, it looks like the peace and quiet is over for the moment...Amelia is awake from her nap.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

I'm a little jealous...our spring break is now over! (However, the way we all felt on the 28th, I don't think any of us could have made it another week.) Have a GREAT time & get lots of "down" time with your families! That's what we did, & I feel rejuvenated. (Drive safely, too!)

Kristy said...

Okay, I just noticed your new profile picture. Beautiful!!

RealTimShady said...

Love the new profile picture!

In many of her pictures, Amelia seems to be saying, "I'm a baby, but I'm smarter than you!"

Anonymous said...

Tim,

She gets that from her Dad!!!!

Amy said...

That last comment came from Darryl. There is some truth in it. :)