Friday, April 18, 2008

25 Days

We have 25 school days left. That's a fact that both thrills and terrifies me. If I were to list all the things I have to do I have to do between now and then, I might hyperventilate. You might ask yourself why I am blogging when I have a million things to do. The truth is that I'm completely unmotivated. I guess I can't really be mad at my students for being unmotivated these days when really, I feel the same way.

I must get some grading done AND finish my webquest-ish (but not really) assignment for my 10th graders this weekend. I'm saying it here and now so that I'll maybe feel some sense of accountability.

On a completely random note...I'm thinking of cutting my hair short. Not Jamie Lee Curtis short, but well-above-the-shoulders short. (If I could wear my hair like JLC, I so would. I've always thought she looked classy. Is it just me?) My hair has been "grown out" now for a few years, and I'm just getting tired of it. When I have a good hair day, I like it, but lately, most of my hair days have been bad. And Amelia likes to pull it, and y'all, that is quite painful. The other day I was sitting on the couch with her and she had a fistful in each hand, and then Abby the Dog came up and licked me in the face at the same time. They double-teamed me. Anyway, my hair appointment is next Friday, so I have until then to decide.

Anyway, that's about it.

6 comments:

Kristy said...

So Amelia & Abby have joined forces, have they? Very funny.

We are counting down, too. It can't come quick enough, but of course, they have already scheduled several summer workshops. I don't think it is so much lack of motivation as it is exhaustion during this time of year. Do your classes have to take EOCT's?

BTW...you wrote "I have to do" twice in your post on the second line. I think that pretty much sums up your stress at this time!

Amy said...

Have you turned into a night owl? All your comments are usually posted so late! This is NOT the Kristy I used to know!! :)

My juniors (and I have four sections of them) have to take American Lit EOCTs the first week in May.

Yes, my typo does sum up my stress. And I even proofread!! :)

RealTimShady said...

I endorse the haircut plan. And I agree that JLC has a nice haircut.

Speaking of JLC...have you seen the Saturday Night Live skit about her new Activia ads?

Amy said...

I haven't...but I haven't watched SNL in a long time. :(

JLC is on my invite list for my celebrity "girl party." So far, I'm inviting Diane Sawyer, Robin Roberts, JLC, Jennifer Garner, and maybe Michelle Kwan. Maybe Jennie Garth. We're going to eat chips and salsa and play board games.

:)

Anonymous said...

I vote for the new haircut; however, I've noticed that you usually go the opposite of what I suggest. That's okay, at least you weren't rebellious as a teenager. I watched JLC on Saturday Night Live and thought it was hilarious.

Kristy said...

I have found myself up at ungodly hours since Micah came along. It seems the time that I get things done. Believe me, I do MUCH better going to bed by 9:30. Last night we had been to a friend's b-day party & didn't get home until 12:30.

Hey, I'm no celeb, but I hope I get an invite to rub elbows with your "A" list!! I'll bring brownies. :)

Ditto on Tim's hair comment.