Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Weekend in Review

Darryl and I went to Ingles for a "snack run" this afternoon, and this is what we bought:I have my glucose test next week...should I be concerned?

Other things of importance this weekend...we are pretty much finished with cleaning/organizing the house. Finally! My original goal was to finish before the weekend, but Darryl informed me that it would be impossible. He was right. It's finished now, though, thank goodness. When the organization guru was on Oprah a couple of weeks ago, he said that most households have "that" room that is never shown to company and always has its door closed. That room was our office, but not any more! Now it is the baby's room, all neat and tidy.

Yesterday we saw Ocean's Thirteen. It was just okay for me, but Darryl seemed to like it. I asked Darryl afterwards if it seemed slow because I was sleepy or if I was sleepy because it was slow. I liked the first two better. (Many people didn't like the second one, but I did.)

I should finish The Shipping News tonight. If I do, I'll consider this past week a success. This coming week, I really, really, really need to focus on school stuff. My main goal is to get my 10th Honors class planned out for the semester. This whole "turning my class over to a sub" thing has me a bit stressed because I have no idea yet who this sub will be. I need to structure my class so I'm leaving the sub with something "doable" for the last six weeks of the semester.

So this is my last full week of vacation. I hope to get in plenty of prep time, pool time, and even nap/reading/TV watching time.

3 comments:

RealTimShady said...

We have the same coffee maker.

Anonymous said...

I am trying to decide if the choc sauce and whip cream go on the ice cream bites or the lime popsicles.

Amy said...

Tim, I bought that coffee maker at Costco. :) I love it. I bought it because I could adjust the carafe temp--I like my coffee as hot as it can get without burning the tongue!

Kim, I already had some ice cream in the fridge. Is it bad that I've had a hot fudge sundae every day? (Hey, at least the ice cream is Edy's Slow-Churned with half the fat.)