Saturday, July 28, 2007

Last Full Week of Vacation

I haven't posted much this week because, frankly, not much has been going on. Here are the highlights:

--I met Kim Thursday for dessert (cake--yum!), and she wanted to know if I ever finished The Shipping News. I did. I thought the book was just okay, but I'm not going to judge it too harshly because seriously, people, my brain is just all over the place. My lack of focus possibly has something to do with my so-so reaction to it. (When a dead body was discovered, I actually had to flip back through the book to find out who it was because I couldn't remember. That's how bad my mind is right now.)

--I bought three pairs of pants. That might not seem like much of a highlight, but if you knew how hard it was to find a decent pair of maternity pants, you'd understand what an accomplishment this is.

--I accomplished some things for school. I now have my honors class planned out for the semester. My next task is to plan American Lit (11th grade) for the semester. (FYI--I'm taking a much-needed break from seniors this year. I've taught 11th before, so I'm not really doing a new prep. I'm looking forward to the change.)

Aside from those three things, I've just been enjoying my last opportunity to relax. I've watched TV (specifically online episodes of Friday Night Lights), played the Wii, taken some naps, gone to the pool. I'm soaking up the last bit of summer I can.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Are you leaving out Grendel this year? I am! :)

Amy said...

A) Jen, I'm extremely impressed that you are posting on people's blogs already! (For everyone who doesn't know, Jen had a beautiful baby boy this past Tuesday!)

B) I'm not teaching the seniors this year, so no GRENDEL, but even if I did have them this year, I still wouldn't do it. It was exhausting, wasn't it???