Monday, July 09, 2007

Comfort Foods

I had really been wanting some spaghetti, and I was just going to make the same old spaghetti I usually make, but then I ran across Paula Deen's Baked Spaghetti and decided to give it a try. I thought it was delicious. (Darryl isn't a huge spaghetti fan, so he wasn't turning cartwheels over it or anything. Trust me, though--it was good.) If you ever decide to make it, I would suggest making the layer of sauce on the bottom very scant because I really didn't have enough sauce for the top layer.


I also love cake, and I've really been into the cupcake thing lately...not sure why. I made these a few weeks ago and they were a hit with Darryl, me, and some of his coworkers, so I decided to make them again. I confess that the cake is Duncan Hines mix. The frosting is from the recipe on the Nestle cocoa container. Delicious!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Man, that food looks very good!!! Send some my way! :)

Amy said...

I wish I could! I think I'll be finishing off the spaghetti for lunch this week.

I had to send most of the cupcakes with Darryl when he went to work this morning. I knew I would probably eat all of them!