Friday, November 21, 2008

What I'm Looking Forward To

Yes! I'm out for a week for Thanksgiving Break. For that, I am truly thankful.

Here are some things I'm so looking forward to, starting tomorrow:

1. Spending some time with my girl.
2. Having my family here for Thanksgiving. I'm cooking the meal for my parents this year for the first time. I've done the Thanksgiving meal before, but not for them. I love holiday cooking and baking.
3. Scrapbooking with my friend Sabrina tomorrow.
4. Using my spa gift certificates for a massage Sunday.
5. Shopping for Thanksgiving groceries. (That may sound weird, but I love shopping for the ingredients for T-giving dinner.)
6. Reading Twilight. I actually started it at the end of the summer, but realized I had to give it up when teaching took over and I couldn't finish a page of "fun" reading without nodding off. (Seriously, I fall asleep within 45 seconds of my head hitting the pillow. Is that normal?) Also, I feel I missed out by not being a Harry Potter reader. I'm getting on the Twilight bandwagon. Sue me.
7. Watching Good Morning America. I hope Robin and Diane aren't on vacation all week. I'll be sad.
8. Burning my Harvest- and Pumpkin Pie-scented Yankee Candles all day long. (I'm not a huge scented candle person, but I love these.)
9. Not getting up at 5:00 every morning.
10. Watching Food Network in the days leading up to Thanksgiving. This is my favorite time for Food Network.

I'll stop at 10. I don't want to get too giddy, you know?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot one.
11) A date night while Nana and Papa babysit.

We are looking forward to next week as much as you are.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm also reading Twilight. The girls at my school are going crazy over this series. I thought I should know what this series is all about. Be sure to post what you think about this book.

Amy said...

I'm really hoping I can get the book read AND go see the movie this week. That may be an ambitious task considering all the other stuff I'd like to do, but we'll see. I'll definitely post my thoughts. Let me know what you think, too!

Kristy said...

Sounds like an awesome week planned! I love the holidays...and not just the gimme, gimme part! LOL

What's on your menu for turkey day?

And, yes, falling asleep that quick is normal when you are doing as much as you are! Enjoy your time off!