Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The day after 35

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes on my blog and on Facebook. I really appreciate it!

The day was pretty low-key. School was the same as usual, but when I went home, Amelia had a present for me (a spa gift certificate--yes!!), and the three of us went out to dinner. (D's present for me is supposed to be arriving in the mail today. I think it is a camera bag I wanted, but I guess I'll wait and see...) Originally my birthday wish was to lie on the couch and watch TV (something I don't really get to do any more), but I was so tired I was in bed by 9:00. Festive, yes?


Let me switch topics to something completely unrelated...as I was doing my morning internet surfing, I stumbled across this article from People about Jennifer Hudson's family's funeral. The part about Fantasia singing made me tear up a little. I can't imagine what Hudson must be feeling right now. Poor girl. Poor family.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy belated bday!

Anonymous said...

Hope your week picks up...I think birthday weeks should be special...the whole week. You could always grab some cake batter ice cream. I highly recommend it. It is what is getting me through this week.
Every day this week.
We gotta have a day to catch up soon. Too many stories to share, and not enough ice cream.