Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Week, Thus Far

I haven't blogged very much this week because of one of these two reasons: either I was busy, or I was exhausted from being so busy. I'm exhausted right now, so this post will be somewhat short.

While this week has been busy, it has been a good break from work. Here are some tidbits from the week:

1. I spent some fun time with Amelia, Darryl, and my family.
2. I caught up on Friday Night Lights while doing some Thanksgiving cooking. (I have DirecTV, and DirecTV customers are getting the first run of this season's episodes, which will air on NBC in 2009...I think. I'll have to post my FNL thoughts another time.)
3. I'm about five pages away from finishing Twilight. (Again, my thoughts on the book will be detailed in a separate post.) I hope to see the movie this weekend.
4. I made Thanksgiving dinner all by myself, and it consisted of turkey (well, Darryl fried the turkey...delicious), dressing, sweet potato casserole, pineapple casserole, peas, corn, rolls, carrot cake, and pecan pie. It was a complete carb fest that involved lots of butter. Paula Deen would have been proud.
5. I made a December scrapbook that just needs to be filled with photos and journaling.
6. Darryl and I just got back from a date night. We were home before 10:00 because we were tired. Rock on.
7. I did some Black Friday shopping. I stayed clear of the mall and stuck to strip malls. The crowds weren't too bad.

As for school stuff, I've graded zero tests and zero papers. I know that means the next couple of weeks will be hectic, but frankly, I think I needed this break to gear up for the end.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful, high-fat, cholesterol-laden Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finished Twilight this week and enjoyed it. However, I think I can live without reading the entire series. I can see why teenage girls are crazy about it, though. Please post about the movie when you see it.

Amy said...

I have to confess that I bought the second book last night when Darryl and I were at Barnes & Noble...

I can definitely see why the teenage girls are into it. And I'll post about the movie if I see it!

I'm glad you are commenting on my blog! :)

Jenny said...

I sure wish Edward wasn't a vampire. He is a tasty dish.
:)
When you said you made a December scrapbook, what do you mean? Did you make the book?

Amy said...

I agree, Jen...Edward in the movie wasn't really what I pictured while I was reading, but I ended up liking him.

And about the December scrapbook...I'll try to post about that later today and will include a few pics.