Sunday, November 02, 2008

This time last year...

I had just ended my last day at school before my maternity leave and celebrated with a dinner with Tim and Max at Shorty's. It was my birthday weekend, and D and I spent the whole weekend just enjoying the last few days of it being just the two of us. We were excited about Amelia's upcoming arrival, and I watched TV and lay on the couch without even a touch of guilt about it.

Present day: I have that weekly "Sunday afternoon depression" that I get when I think about a full week of school ahead, and my birthday falls on a Monday. I'm sitting here with my lit textbook beside me, trying to figure out how I'm going to get my students to love Walt Whitman tomorrow.

Where is my time machine???

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I don't know if I want to go backwards...but maybe forward to the Thanksgiving holidays!

I know what you mean about those last couple of days as a couple only...pretty special!