Sunday, November 23, 2008

Scrapbooking Hell

So Saturday night, my friend Sabrina and I met up at a "crop" and were all prepared to get some major scrapbooking done. At this particular place we go, each table seats four people, so chances are you will sit with one or two people you don't know, but it all works out fine because everyone is there to, you know, scrapbook.

Not Saturday, though.

Imagine the most talkative person you know. Then multiply that person by about 100. She was one of our table companions. Her friend was someone who was making engagement announcement even though she's not engaged yet.

Back to Talkative Girl. She talked the entire 6 hours we were there, and she was scrapbooking about a Disney trip, so she felt compelled to relive every single moment of the trip. And apparently she goes to Disney quite often because she is a Disney MANIAC. Now, I can appreciate Disney and I look very forward to taking Amelia there one day, but c'mon. This girl, who was college-age at least, still gets the Princess makeovers at the boutique and still gets the autographs of the characters. Every time.

At one point, both girls--who apparently have serious boyfriends (who must be INSANE)--were imagining what their marriage proposals would be like, and Talkative Disney Girl said, "Well, I just want Dave to take me to EPCOT Japan, get a pearl, and have it put in a ring." And then Sabrina and I tried (kind of unsuccessfully) not to laugh, and it was like those times you try not to laugh in inappropriate places like church, weddings, funerals, and so forth.

So I got only 3 pages done in my scrapbook, and two of those look terrible. I couldn't focus. Very frustrating.

Darryl said he would have just left, but A) I already had my scrapbook stuff spread out, and B) I was hoping the girl would have to shut up at some point just to catch her breath.

Not so.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

LMBO...

And just to know...were you imagining me & multiplying by 100?? Really, I won't be offended! :)

So you have Obsessed Talkative Disney girl, & her best friend Desperate to be Engaged girl...tragic yet funny! Wonder if her boyfriend knows?

RealTimShady said...

Isn't the title to this post redundant? And doesn't the content of the post prove it?

Amy said...

Kristy, while you can be chatty, this girl was in a completely different league. Seriously.

Tim, no need to be snarky.

Jenny said...

Tim does not understand the Scrap.

Amy said...

You are so right, Jen.