Sunday, November 30, 2008

December Scrapbook Album

One of the projects I took on over the break was creating a mini-album for the Christmas season. I got the project idea from this post (I think the project is "formally" called the "Daily December Album"), and there is more explanation for it on this site.

Anyway, the point is to get the album ready first, so that all I need to do is add photos, journaling, etc. I took a tip from the first blogger I linked to and prepared and envelope with stuff that would be easy to add--stickers, buttons, and so forth. I called mine--as you can tell from the photo--"31 Days of Christmas." Now, do I plan to do something exciting and Christmas-y for all 31 days of December? Heavens, no. I do have some fun things planned, though: Amelia's first trip to see Santa, Christmas lights, Christmas card photo sessions, holiday baking, and so forth.

I think most of the albums I've seen on other blogs end on Christmas Day, but Darryl and I are planning to go to Florida the day after Christmas to see family, thus extending the season for us a bit.

Tim, I know you are totally rolling your eyes (if you are still reading, that is), but Jen asked a question about it, so I posted a couple of pics.

The cover...


Here are a couple of shots of the inside pages...nothing too elaborate.


This is my first attempt to try something like this, so we'll see how it goes. Anyway...

No comments: