Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Weekend wrap-up...wait, it's Tuesday already?

Wow. It's Tuesday? Why can't time fly this quickly during the school year?

Anyway...

Our weekend with our friends ended nicely. Kim ("Theatre Director") and her daughter were kind enough to look after Amelia so we could go out and have a good meal with just the grown-ups. I have to admit it was nice to have a meal without having to entertain Amelia with a pack of crackers. :) The food was good, too...steak, creamed spinach, molten lava cake for dessert. Delicious. On a food note, if I told you everything I ate this past weekend, you would be in awe. Oddly enough, I was down one pound this week. Go figure.

On Sunday, Darryl and I drove around a few neighborhoods we liked and just looked at houses from the outside and picked up a few fliers to get an idea of what certain prices will get you in a house. All this did was make me want to sell our house. I do love our house (with the exception of our heinous laundry "closet"), but we are quickly outgrowing it. The thought of getting it ready to sell exhausts me.

In "almost" news...I almost joined a baking blog ring that is devoted to baking through the cookbook Baking: From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan. Then I decided that while that may sound fun right now, those crunch grading situations I often find myself in would leave little time for making tarts and pies. I did buy the book, though, because it looks like a good book to have on the shelf anyway. If you have ever been in my kitchen, you might have noticed that I have a bit of an obsession with cookbooks.

Yay for Nicole K. and Keith U. on their baby daughter. I have mixed feeling about the name Sunday, but as far as celeb couples go, I like these two...tons more than I like Brangelina. :) (That one's for you, Kristy!)

Yep, that's it.

7 comments:

Kristy said...

You had me till right at the end...so wrong! :)

The thought of getting our house ready to sell pretty much kills the new house urge for me. We wouldn't have too much, but still it's exhausting to think about!

Some funny similarities...we have the awful laundry closet too, & I have tons of cookbooks. Do ya'll (at school) have that Books R Fun company or one like it that has discount books & stuff for staff? I can't pass up the cookbooks.

Also Matthew Mc. & his supermodel girlfriend had a baby boy yesterday. Can't wait to hear the name for this one. At least he seems somewhat down to earth & has never worn someone else's blood around his neck before becoming a home-wrecker. (JK...I'm not that much of a hater of Brangelina...aaack.)

Kristy said...

Sorry I always write a mini novel. I must be the worst commenter ever!

Amy said...

Wasn't Matthew Mc the one who played his bongo drums naked or something like that? But true...not vial of blood around the neck. :)

Yes, our school has Books Are Fun, but so far I've been able to stay away. :)

One day I may have to blog about my awful laundry closet. It really is ridiculous. And actually laundry ROOM is on my list of must haves for the next house, whenever that may be.

Your comments are fine!

Has Ava/Stella arrived yet?

Jenny said...

Matthew Mc is ON MY LIST.

Delish.

Even though I'll have to hose him off first.

Remember how he looked in that Jodie Foster rocket movie? SO FREAKIN' HOT!

Amy said...

I think Matthew Mc is so completely hot in A TIME TO KILL. The khakis, the white shirt, the wire-rimmed glasses, the cigar. Goodness me.

And...if someone is going to play the bongo drums naked, wouldn't we rather it be Matthew Mc instead of, say, Jack Black?

Kristy said...

You girls are cracking me up! Amy, you certainly have a wide-range of sexy guys! From the hot Latino, Javier of Braves' fame, to dirty white boy, Matthew Mc., you are certainly very diverse! LOL (Although, I confess I'm right there with you, but don't forget Jon Bon Jovi!) :)

Charlotte is in the throws of labor as we speak. They started inducing her earlier today. Hopefully she'll be here soon!

Amy said...

I'm all about equal opportunity. :)

I would take Javy over Matthew Mc any day...but I would make him wear his Braves uniform all the time. If this is my dream world, then I can make him wear whatever I want. :)

I started loving Jon Bon Jovi when he cut his hair in the early-ish 90s. (I think...was it it before then?)

Wow...these comments have taken a turn!