Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"Nana's" Departure, School, Cold, Grouchiness...

My mom left yesterday. Amelia and I had a lot of fun with her while she was here. It also gave me a bit of a break. I've already discussed the night out that Darryl and I had, but it was also nice to take a shower every morning without feeling rushed.

I realize I need to start thinking about school. To inspire me, I've bought a few English-teaching-related books. I just need some fresh ideas in teaching old stuff, you know?

I think I'm getting a cold or a sinus/allergy thing. Runny nose yesterday, sore throat today. I hope it passes quickly. Amelia had something similar earlier this week, but she seems to be over it. When I called Sunday morning to check on how the night went with Amelia and my mom, my mom said, "Well, she has a runny nose this morning, but I promise I didn't do anything to make her sick!" Anyway, she was better the next day. I hope I am, too.

Speaking of Amelia...she has been a bit grouchy the past couple of days. Not sure what's going on there. Teething, maybe? (Surely this girl is going to get a tooth SOMETIME.) Change in routine? Not feeling 100% because of the runny nose thing? All of the above?

So that's the excitement going on here...

5 comments:

Kristy said...

She may still be a little sick. Watch out for strep. It was really going on around here, as well as pink eye. Micah had strep, but hopefully we have avoided the latter.

Do we really have to think about school?? I go back on the 4th, how about you?

Amy said...

I go back on the 1st. Yuck. When do the kids come back? Ours start the 7th. We always start on a Thursday. I think the idea is that we get the first day stuff out of the way and can really "start" the educational process on Monday.

Jenny said...

We go back on the fourth and the kids come back on the seventh as well.

Kristy said...

We go back on the 4th, kids on the 8th. Not sure if I like the Friday start for the students, but whatever. My own kids will start on the 4th. Their teachers have to go back end of this month...that's just wrong in my book!

Amy said...

K,

We did the Friday start a couple of years ago and I liked it. It's sort of this idea of "I just have to make it through one day, and then I have the weekend!"

J,

Are you feeling any better about the speech and debate yet?