Sunday, July 27, 2008

Shopping and Stuff

I've been a bit negligent on the blog front because y'all, not much is going on. Let me give you the rundown on what "not much" looks like in our household:

Wednesday, I did a little shopping for me. Yep, I did. I need some school clothes every year to get me excited about going back to school. (It didn't work.) After shopping the mall for two hours and going to all my favorite stores, guess where I had the most success? Target. That's right.

Thursday, I had to take care of some personal maintenance (meaning I had my hair cut and my eyebrows waxed--poor Amelia is going to be especially blessed in the eyebrow department because her dad and I both have healthy eyebrows). I also worked most of the day at school while Amelia spent some time in daycare.

Friday, I became obsessed with finding Amelia a pair of shoes. Amelia has pretty wide feet, so that means the cheap shoes at Target do not fit. After doing much research (seriously, MUCH research) on mommy boards and such, I discovered a brand called Pedipeds and bought her a pair. They're adorable. I see how this could quickly become an obsession because I'm already thinking about her second pair.

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. I shopped a little more (sue me), and Amelia and I had a bit of a "bedtime showdown" last night that is a blog post in itself. I'll go ahead and tell you the score: Amelia-1, Her Mother-0.

But she's cute.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

I'm still laughing at this post! Sorry about your loss to Amelia...you may have lost the battle, but I think you'll win the war! LOL

One of the best things about teaching school is new clothes. Remember how fun it was when we were in school to get new clothes for the 1st few days? Of course, we can't forget the shoes!:)

I think Amelia will inherit more than eyebrows...like a shoe obsession?? :)

Jenny said...

:)
Cute post.

I'm back!!!!!

Amy said...

Jen, Kristy, I've missed you both! You two are forbidden to be away from the Internet at the same time again. It's been "crickets" in my comments section.

:)

Kristy said...

Sorry about that, but vacation was calling. :) At least with school beginning, you know we'll be chained to the old grind!

This week has been crazy, but hopefully I'll get a new post up soon on my own blog!