Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Randomness

--I had a little "me" time today. I had a doctor's appointment this morning, so Amelia was in daycare for a few hours. After my appointment, I ran a few errands and had a child-free lunch with my husband.
--Amelia is kind of crawling. She's doing what I like to call the "soldier crawl," where she keeps her belly on the ground but moves her arms and legs toward her desired destination. Too cute!
--Is anyone watching The Bachelorette? I confess: I am. I am because 1) Summer TV is pitiful and I'm desperate for something to watch, and 2) I typically do watch The Bachelorette because unlike the "bachelors," the "bachelorettes" usually make an attempt to have a relationship with the person instead of breaking up three days later. You know what I've decided is a problem with these shows (aside from finding a potential mate for life on a TV show)? The stupid fantasy dates. When, in the real world, does a couple drive a luxury sports car to a deserted restaurant where the girl wears diamonds and a fancy dress? Or when, in the real world, does the girl get to treat the guy to a day at the baseball field playing with the pros? Who wouldn't get along in those circumstances? I say put 'em in a clunker of a car that breaks down in the pouring rain in an area that is out of cell phone range. That would test their compatibility, yes?
--You must check out my friend Kristy's latest post about her niece's baby shower. Hilarious!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Hah. Luxury dates. :)

Anonymous said...

That baby shower post cracked me up, and I usually shy away from "mommy blog" stuff like that. And I see nothing wrong with a party where appetizers are roasted, buttered potatoes! That, to me, is kinda perfect.

And did the dad-to-be have a lip ring? Oh, these kids today...

Kristy said...

Thanks for the link!

I hope your getting pics/video of Amelia! You need to post some.

I agree with the fantasy date thing. I guess it's just what people want to watch...fantasy on a "reality" TV show. Irony?