Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Update

Many of you probably know that Darryl's dad passed away Saturday, not long after I posted that last blog entry. I'll post more about him later because I do want to say a few things about him (all good, of course), but my brain is too tired at the moment. It will have to wait until I get home.

People have been coming by in droves, and I've eaten more ham, homegrown veggies, cakes, pies, casseroles, fried chicken, and other comfort foods than I care to mention. (I think it is safe to say that my weight-loss ticker is no longer accurate.) The funeral was yesterday and it was really a great tribute, and now things are winding down a little.

Darryl and I are going home Saturday. I probably won't blog again until then.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I hated to hear about Mr. B. I hope that Darryl and the rest of the family will find peace and comfort in their wonderful memories of him. I'm so glad he got to meet Amelia! Travel safe.

Anonymous said...

Know that you are always in our thoughts and prayers!'
Much love!
K

Jenny said...

I'm sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with your family.