Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day, This Week, Etc.

I meant to give a shout out to the important dads in my life on Father's Day, but the one time I had the opportunity to blog on Sunday, I was having Blogger issues. So here are my belated Father's Day greetings...

Happy Belated Father's Day to my dad, who celebrated his first Father's Day as a grandfather this year. Amelia has him completely wrapped around her finger. This is my favorite picture of my dad. It was taken at the hospital the day after Amelia was born; you can tell he was excited to be a "Papa"!


And also belated Happy Father's Day to Darryl. Sunday was bittersweet for Darryl; it was his first Father's Day as a dad, but also his first Father's Day without his dad.

Amelia also has Darryl wrapped around her finger, of course, but she is very fortunate to have him for a father. Darryl is definitely a "hands-on" dad, and there is no task he can't handle. We're both thankful he is in our lives.

This pic is obviously from the "early days" of fatherhood, but I love this picture. It looks like they are both checking each other out. :)

Other than Father's Day, not too much is going on around here. Amelia and I have been hanging out together. Monday, we met Kim ("Theatre Director") and Sabrina (another co-worker friend) and their kids for lunch the other day, and that was fun. We have plans for some pool time together later this week.

And that's about it. Exciting, huh?

3 comments:

Kristy said...

The pics are great! Your dad looks elated, & I know Darryl is in love with his two girls. Enjoy a laid back summer with your family. Ya'll sure do need it!

BTW...Do you know what today is? Here's a little hint: "Gimmee, gimmee, gimmee." LOL

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Kristy!!! :) Are you still "gimmee, gimmee, gimmee"?

Kristy said...

I try not to be TOO over the top, but it is a part of me. LOL I'm at my mom's so I had a great b-day meal & possible shopping tomorrow. Feel free to celebrate with a yummy dessert sometime this week! :)

(Is this what is called "hijacking" someone's blog comments? If so, sorry!)