Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cupcake #1-B: Key Lime Cupcakes, the Remix

Well, I tried Max's recipe (posted in the comments for the first Key Lime cupcake, if you are interested), and it is really good. It is definitely easier than the recipe I tried last week, and I think the results are just as good, if not better. I did add a couple of tablespoons of key lime juice (bottled, I confess) to the frosting just to give it a bit of a twang. So, thanks Max. I think I've found my key lime cupcake!

I'm not going to bother with a pic because these cupcakes, on the surface, look exactly the same as last week's...lime wedge and all.

(By the way, I had 1-1/2 cupcakes last night--I had the half to determine if I wanted lime juice in the frosting--my dog enjoyed the other half. And of course I had to taste the finished product. Other than that, I did pretty well with eating "lighter," and I also walked yesterday and today. Just wanted to clarify.)

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Maybe we need to get a dog so I could share & lose some pounds. Keep up the commitment...I know you can do it!