Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fun Tuesday!

Amelia and I had lots of fun yesterday afternoon! We went to Kim's house, where we met up with Kim, Miss "Mac" (Kim's daughter), Sabrina (friend/former guidance counselor at our school), and her two kids Connor and Suzanna. We had a blast eating some good food (mozzarella bites, chips and salsa, fruit and dip, cupcakes), playing (well, the kids played while the adults chatted), and swimming. It was a whole lot of fun, and it was definitely good for this mom to get out of the house and interact with some adults!

I could kick myself for not taking my camera, though. Amelia had the best time in the pool, and all the older kids reminded me of myself at that age as they performed numerous water stunts ("Look at me!" "Watch me!"--My parents swear that they could have just gone anywhere with a pool for summer vacation and I would have been content.)

On another note, kind of...Amelia's latest "cute" thing is that she likes to communicate with me through the bars of her crib. She'll grab the bars and put her face close to them, and I'll do the same on the other side. She just smiles and laughs. Let's hope that's the only "through the bars" communication we'll ever have with each other in our lifetimes. :)

3 comments:

Kristy said...

It's funny that you mention "the bars." I immediately thought of that scene in Back to the Future where he meets his incarcerated uncle as an infant & the comment is made how much he loves his play pen, with bars! Haha!

Seriously, I don't think you have anything to worry about. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! We had a blast! I say let's do it again soon. (Miss Mac was all for tomorrow...ha!) Stuck at school interviewing for four hours today. Can't begin to tell you...you can imagine. Will call you and relate in person. (Eddie says to tell you your key lime cupcakes are perfect!)
Hugs!

Jenny said...

The bars thing made me laugh. :)